With e-commerce on the rise and a pandemic still raging on, more and more shoppers are motivated to stay at home instead of braving it out in packed department stores this holiday season. According to a 2020 survey by Criteo, a vast majority of shoppers (71%) say they’ll start their gift searches online and 86% also plan to purchase from e-commerce sites and apps. Elevate the online shopping experience for these customers and curate holiday gift guides using Collections in your Artist Shop.
From your Artist Dashboard, you can group your designs and products into a collection that will have its own landing page. Think of each collection as having its own unique persona or personality that helps curious shoppers find what they want quicker. First, let’s go through the basics of creating a collection. Then, we’ll delve into the different types of holiday shoppers you should think about while building your gift guides.
Learn how to create a collection in five easy steps.
1. Go to the Create a Collection page and enter your collection details, including the title, description, and tags. Also consider adding a “Card Image” that adequately represents your collection. More on the banner later!
2. Add products and designs that fit the theme of your collection.
3. Arrange your products the way you’d like your audience to view them.
4. OPTIONAL, but you should totally do this! Design and add a custom banner that is unique to your collection. Below you can see artist Ego Rodriguez’s banner for his “Pop Heads” collection. Notice how it blends into the shop’s background colors for a seamless appearance. Not only does something like this strengthen your brand, it looks damn good.
5. Publish your collection! Simple as that.
Understand the different types of holiday shoppers and cater your collections to them.
A well-constructed gift guide reduces the time and effort it takes for customers to find a thoughtful gift for their loved ones. It also increases the likelihood of conversion in your shop! However, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all guide that meets the needs of every holiday shopper. Read on to learn more about the different types of shoppers and how you can tailor a holiday gift guide just for them.
Take your holiday gift guides to the next level.
You’ve now learned how to create a collection and read strategies on targeting specific types of shoppers. Here are a few extra steps you can take to increase the effectiveness of your holiday gift guides.
1. Spruce up your collection with a mix of lifestyle imagery, flat lays, and normal product images for variation. Seasonally relevant lifestyle photography particularly helps customers envision your products as gifts, and may drive conversion!
2. Promote your holiday gift guides alongside promotions and sales in your shop. You can easily download images of specific products in your collection using the Promo Tools feature in your dashboard. Then, share your images on social media and include a link to your holiday gift guide!
In a study by Red Egg Marketing, approximately 83% of shoppers said they would rather support local shops and small businesses rather than a large corporation. Always remember, you ARE a small business selling gifts that can’t be found on Amazon. Holiday gift guides as collections can help showcase your work and give customers more opportunities to support your shop! Refer to our Creative Resources for more guidance on how to prep your shop for the holidays.