Your Shop just got a little more awesome! Introducing three exciting new products to add to your accessories lineup: mugs, notebooks, and phone cases! We’re super excited about these additions to Artist Shops. They’re super giftable, fun essentials that everyone should have in their daily toolbox. Not to mention, they give you three new ways to rock your own designs wherever you go!
Learn all about the brand new products, the styles they come in, and how to add them to your Shop below!
. . .
The world of coffee is a $20 billion industry, so saying there’s a market in the caffeinated world is an understatement! But whether you’re more of a coffee or tea person, mugs are giftable essentials that everyone can use at home, in the office, or on the commute in between. There are three different kinds of drink receptacles you can offer: the standard mug, latte mug, and the travel mug.
- Standard mug: a premium ceramic mug that comes in both 11 oz and 15 oz. Features top to bottom wraparound color and single-sided art print with a smooth finish (plus, dishwasher and microwave safe!)
- Latte mug: A slightly sleeker shape than the standard, the ceramic latte mug is 12 oz, also features top to bottom wraparound color plus a single-sided art print, and is dishwasher and microwave safe as well.
- Travel mug: Keeps drinks piping hot or icy cold on-the-go! This 15 oz stainless steel travel mug is lightweight yet durable. Insulated for heat or cold retention, plus seals at the top with a removable plastic lid. Features top to bottom wraparound prints with a smooth, glossy finish (this one’s hand-wash only!)
It seems only fitting that artsy notebooks should be sold in Artist Shops! Notebooks are super versatile when it comes to promos, perfect for everything from back to school sales for students, to artists in need of new sketchbooks, to the journalers and list-makers of the world. (Plus, imagine how cool it’ll be to create new Artist Shop designs in a sketchbook with your art on the cover?)
There are two different notebook styles you can choose from: the journal and the spiral notebook.
- Journal: at 5” x 7”, the journal is small enough to easily slip into a bag while big enough to comfortably write or draw in. This 128 page notebook comes in either lined or blank pages and it has a tough, bend-proof cover.
- Spiral notebook: complete with a document pocket on the inside back cover to hold your secrets and ideas! At 6” x 8”, it’s also compact enough for easy carrying, but big enough for writing comfortably on all 120 pages.
These were more highly anticipated than the iPhone 7…ok, that’s probably not true, but we’re pretty stoked! If you’ve had a vertical design that just wasn’t looking right on certain products, phone cases are the perfect canvas for it. They make for great gifts and are perfect for those looking for a case to fit their new phone, as well as those looking for a new case to make their old phone look new.
The Artist Shop phone cases are iPhone and Galaxy friendly and come in two styles: slim and tough.
- Tough case: the tough case is made up of two pieces for extra protection (a 2mm plastic outer shell that fits into a 2-4mm rubber bumper) without sacrificing sleekness!
- Slim case: the slim case is a hard, one piece plastic shell that snaps right onto your phone. And, while it’s ultra slim at 2mm thick, it still offers protection.
How to add these new products to your Shop!
Step 1: Go to “Manage Products” in your Artist Shop dashboard
Step 2: Select “Products” and in the “Select a category” drop-down, select “Accessories”
Step 3: In the drop-down menu, you’ll see the three new products: mugs, notebooks, and phone cases! In this example we’re just adding mugs, so we’ll select “Mug”.
Step 4: Flip that “Active” switch to add the new product to this design in your Shop!
Step 5: Adjust price as you see fit!
Step 5: Bask in the glory and be smug about your mugs!
So, when I added my new mug section, it was lookin’ great, I was happy, and all was well…until I looked at my travel mug option. And…
Yeah. Not the ideal view, right? No worries! There’s a way to fix this if it happens to you. All you have to do is go back to your dashboard and click on “Manage Products” again…
When you’re there, find the section that says “Customize Design Files by Style” and click on it and…
…boom: this little window will pop up and will allow you to customize your files for each product. If you like, make the design available in a pattern on travel mugs. Or make it larger. This won’t add an additional design to your Shop – you’re actually just customizing how your images are on each product. It’s a nice little customization deet!
. . .
We’re an artist community built on the power of helping each other succeed — if you’re reading this and have tips of your own to share, please let us know in the comments! Thank you!
Illustrations done by the amazing Katie Lukes